Friday, March 15, 2013

15 days to go!*

Wow, I cannot believe there is only fifteen days left before I leave for Costa Rica! Where does the time go!? I think it finally is starting to feel real because of everything that has gone on this past week. First of all before I continue I want to just thank everyone who has been so supportive of this decision to move to Costa Rica and do volunteer work. It really means more then I could ever begin to say...
But the BIG news of the week is that I finally told my bosses that I was leaving the company to pursue this opportunity. I think it took them a bit by shock but I also don't think I could of left on a better note. They were both very supportive of me and wished me well. Which is all I could ever ask for. 
It was a great opportunity and I grew personally and professionally with the company even though I was only there for a short time. I am grateful for the experience and for the friends that I made while working there.
As soon as I quit my job and walked out of the office for the last time was the first time that BOOM! It all hit me that this was real and that in a few short weeks I would be packing my bags and boarding a plane to Costa Rica. I guess I shouldn't say that, that was my FIRST realization of this trip being real because a few days prior to me quitting I was sitting at the doctor's office squirming while the nurse gave me my shot for Typhoid (ouch!). That made things real...That, and my arm was sore for two days after the fact haha. 
I have never been more excited, anxious, nervous, happy about something in my life. I think because I know that this experience is going to change my life in so many ways. I think any time you take yourself out of your comfort zone you allow yourself to grow as a person. I think not only do you realize more about yourself but you allow yourself to open your mind and viewpoints on different cultures, beliefs, ext. I hope that I continue to push myself out of my own comfort zone, especially while I am young. I also think it is fundamental for everyone to take risks in their life because you will never know what you want to do or where you want to go until you try. 

Now off to make packing lists and practice my Espanol..... :)



{Had to share my excitement over my Lonely Planet Costa Rica book that my uncle bought me!}

No comments:

Post a Comment